Monday, May 21, 2007

Melrose Place

On Saturday, I visited the new Oscar de la Renta store on Melrose Place. I was delighted to find so many of my friends from Rodeo Drive have relocated, so I asked them for a group photo in the garden. The boutique is worth a visit, serene and elegant with lots of natural light. If you’re in the area on Tuesday, shop ‘til you drop to benefit MOCA’s Contemporary Art Start Program takes place Tuesday, May 22nd from 6:30 – 8:30 PM. Drinks, hors d’oeuvres and silent auction await you. 10% of your purchases at any of 17 participating boutiques will be donated to MOCA’s arts education program for public schools.

In the photo:
Elisa Gonzalez, Store Manager at Oscar de la Renta

Saturday night a former sales manager from the Luxe Hotel Sunset Blvd. was celebrating her engagement on Sunset Plaza. Congratulations, Michelle.


























Sunday I stopped at a coffee shop for breakfast, dawdled over a magazine and watched the other patrons. I overheard an elderly man say ‘If you were a bus, I would have been in serious trouble”, as a young couple hurriedly paid their bill and rushed out the door. How often had I done this? Not paid attention to where I was going? Fortunately, this Sunday I hadn’t knocked anyone over. It was 3:00 PM and I was having scrambled eggs and coffee.