Monday, May 21, 2007

Lost and Found

During a Team Meeting last week, I felt something sharp at my left wrist and realized my gold bracelet was missing its charm. Within a second, I gasped which paused the meeting. Fortunately, my astute assistant, Alice, noted that it couldn’t have gone far as she had just noticed it. Sure enough, the 1917 gold coin was in my lap. It was a wedding gift to my grandmother and she had passed it to my Aunt Doris and Doris had given it to me, just as I’m expected to pass it to a niece. Saturday morning I picked up the newly soldered bracelet at the jewelers. All of which made me think of a recent article in the LA Times in which the writer, whose home came perilously close to the Griffith Park fire, was questioning what he would take first should he need to evacuate. What is the stuff in our lives worth? I was lucky and so were all the home owners in Los Feliz.


A Contented Guest...


Thank you Wendy. I had a great time and will certainly consider you all when I'm in the area again.

Josie Seid, Nike