Friday, May 4, 2007

Entertainment Design Events

Los Angeles magazine hosted their party for the May Travel issue last night at one of those trendy clubs in Hollywood. I was running late and the neighborhood parking is impossible so I broke down and valet parked. Picked up my heels and got there for a great Ketel One martini and a long talk with the insanely talented, Michael Willms, entertainment designer.

When I returned to pick up my car, I found that the valet had turned the volume up to 20 (I normally set it at 4). I was drenched in The Bill Evans Trio “Sunday at the Village Vanguard”. Surprisingly he didn’t change the dial but utilized the existing CD. Here I was driving through Hollywood with my windows down blasting track 4 at decibels that have never been reached before in my car. My chest was vibrating every time bassist Scott LaFaro came into play. I looked up and saw an LAPD helicopter fly past the full moon and thought about Gidget.

In the photo: Michael Willms of Entertainment Design Events

No comments: