Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend

It seems that long weekends are not only meant for picnics with friends and family, but also to get some household chores done. Our general manager boasts that he put up a swing over the weekend. His wife asked him if he needed a handyman but with much bravado, Seth assembled it himself. On the other hand, I employed a carpenter last week to install three narrow shelves in my apartment. Saturday tasks for me were: dust, rearrange artwork, spackle holes and paint. My friend, Pamela, called in the early evening and asked if I wanted to go to the movies. Of course, I was up on a ladder with a pint of ‘banana split’ colored latex. So when she came to pick me up, I had to quickly change clothes and dash. Thank you, Pam, for picking the yellow paint out of my hair! You’re a good friend.