Tuesday, July 24, 2007

No Reservations

If you've ever worked in a kitchen or waited tables, No Reservations, will provide more laughable moments than for most audience members. In my first hotel job, I remember a burley Austrian chef, his clogs clomping across the tile floor, chasing a dishwasher through the kitchen with a butcher knife.

Fortunately for me I was the concierge so my duties were mostly restricted to the lobby and guestrooms.

Last night, I attended a screening of No Reservations, directed by Australians in Film Ambassador, Scott Hicks (Shine, Snow Falling on Cedars).

It was a completely enjoyable evening that made us all hungry for a good plate of pasta and quail with saffron sauce!

Pictured (left to right): Janine Masaki, Etro Boutique Manager, me, Phil Minos, Deputy Consul General of Australia and his wife, Krystin