Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Another Candle on the Birthday Cake

Wendy,
What a SWEET SURPRISE!!! Your envelope with birthday greetings and the "Persian Jewel" enclosure was such fun to receive!! How wonderful of you to remember that I am a July baby, like your colleague Roselyn!  At first, I thought it was a note from my new friend, Randi Julson, at the Stoneleigh, as I had just been there last Monday 7/2 for breakfast and a site while in Dallas! So, it really was a LUXE week! The Stoneleigh is an amazing historical gem and I was thrilled to be able to visit it and get the vibe from all of the famous folks who had walked through the doors (including my namesake, Kate Hepburn!).  Breakfast was wonderful and we got to meet the Executive Chef, too, and learn that he has met/worked with Chicago chef Rick Bayless, whom WE have met at a function and whose Mexican cookbooks are the only ones I use when I decide to cook!
Thank you again for thinking of me - I love the info on the insert - have not seen this specific info anywhere before!  Take care, stay cool, and hope to see you in your neck of the woods one of these days!  Kate Manager / The Travel Gallery, Inc. / Chicago]