Sunday, August 10, 2008

Getty Museum

Barbie said it best, "Surf, shop and see what’s new…there is so much for a girl to do in LA." On Sunday morning I met the hotel's publicist at The Getty Museum for the Bernini baroque portrait sculptures. Marvelous and the view is breathtaking. We stopped for coffee and and I went on to view the photography exhibits and Merian 'portraits' of flower and insects. I have always been fascinated with entomology and still have my butterfly collection at home to prove it. She left her mark as an artist, scientist and entrepreneur, raising the standards of natural history illustration. I continued my journey in the world of exotic arrangements of butterflies, lizards and flowers by sitting down and coloring with the six and seven year-olds who had gathered. Therapeutic. http://www.getty.edu