Sunday, March 28, 2010

Unveiled - Bridal Style Revealed

Today, the corner of La Cienega Blvd and Melrose Place was transformed into a bridal walk of style. Every fabulous bakery showed off their delectable wedding tiers including traditional butter cakes but also chocolate, carrot, red velvet, raspberry, lemon and sponge. I tried a bite of each and floated down Melrose Place on a sugar high. The floral arrangements, place settings of china, bride's maid dresses, bubbly drinks and spun sugary treats were overwhelming. The bridal event featured couture designers including Carolina Herrera, Monique Lhuiller, Temperly London and Vera Wang. As much as I always protest that I'm allergic to brides, I didn't itch once. Instead I was impressed with the love and preparation that goes into such an event.